The EU has set itself targets for reducing its greenhouse gas emissions progressively up to 2050. At the same time, corporate environmental awareness is growing and companies of all kinds are taking environment friendly measures, thus creating on-going opportunities and needs for translations in this field.
We have been successfully providing environmental translations to a variety of organisations such as NGO’s and government organisations. Some of our partners: Joint Research Centre of the European Commission, Greens / EFA Group in the European Parliament, Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), The World Wildlife Found (WWF), Conservation International, ClientEarth, Wintershall, just to mention a few.
Our specific areas of expertise related to environmental translations
- Renewable resources/ renewable energy
- Alternative energy
- Solar energy
- Wind power
- Waste management
- Pollution control
- Organic and sustainable agriculture
- Green constructions
- Climate change
- Forestry related documents
- EU environment policy related documents
We work with expert teamsEach translation is carried out by a team of two translators. Our translators have a great deal of experience in environment and energy related translation, they know the relevant EU and international terminologies and technical terms. They are also aware of the local legislation and requirements.
Extensive quality controlFollowing the translation process, we carry out a two-step in-house quality check through our QA team, which consists of:
- terminology review, double-check of names and organizations, legal documents, technical terms
- formatting the translation(s) to reflect the original source document(s)
- content, consistency and coherence check.