1.) When do we collect personal information?
Eurideas may collect various types of personal information directly from you and third parties such as clients, prospective clients, former clients and public resources (internet, public databases). We collect personal information
– when you, your organization, or a third party that holds your personal information retains Eurideas to provide contracted translation services;
– when you, your company, or a third party that holds your personal information makes inquiries regarding our services;
– when you provide us with your personal information at events;
– when you or a person who holds your personal information provides information to us for the purpose of recruitment;
– when you or your organization provides or offers services to us;
– when we find you as potential service provider in public databases;
– and when we find you as prospective client in public documents and databases.
2.) Legal grounds for processing your personal information
We process personal information for either of the following:
– where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you (as data subject) are party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
– where processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, to the extent not affecting your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms as data subject.
3.) What kind of information we collect and how we use it?
Examples of personal information we collect include
– contact information (such as name, job title, physical work address and e-mail address);
– financial data (such as bank account number and company registration data);
– marketing data (such as business sector and services information, including business information necessary for us to perform services requested);
– in case of potential employment and/or subcontracting, data about your qualifications (such as diplomas and certificates).
We do not collect sensitive personal information about you, including but not limited to health data.
We use personal information for the following purposes:
– to enter into contract with you as prospective client, subcontractor or employee. While you are not obliged to provide the requested personal information, entering into contractual relationship may be impossible without the data needed for contracting;
– to perform our services based on the contractual relationship with you, including providing translation and other services for you as our client;
– to manage our business/employment relationships with you as client, service provider or employee, including but not limited to invoicing;
– to analyse and improve our services and communications, pursuing our legitimate business interests. This includes follow-ups on quotation requests and online satisfaction survey requests for completed contractual assignments;
– to provide you with information about translation related developments and to conduct other marketing activities, including promoting our special offers. These activities may involve e-mails and other online content, and you may opt out of receiving such communications at any time;
– to evaluate and interview job applicants, service providers or other third parties.
We store personal information up to 6 years after the termination of our contractual relationship, to comply with applicable laws and tax regulations.
Where your personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object to such processing, at any time and free of charge, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We do not deploy automated processing of personal information for decision making or profiling.
To protect your personal information, Eurideas employs appropriate technical and organisational measures to avoid unauthorized access to or disclosure of your personal information. Except for our employees performing the contractual obligations for you, your personal information will only be shared on a strict need-to-know basis with our clients/subcontractors (ex. the names and contact data of the interpreters with clients, the names and contact data of client contacts with interpreters).
We do not disclose your personal information to other third parties by selling or otherwise, except where required by applicable laws, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
4.) Data controller
For the terms of processing of personal information, controller is Eurideas Kft., 1027 Budapest, Horvát u. 14-24., Hungary. For any inquiries regarding processing of personal data, the data subjects are encouraged to write to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.
Processing of your data only takes place within the European Union, in the premises of the data controller, i.e. our offices located in Belgium, Germany and Hungary.
5.) Your rights as data subject
5a.) Right of access
You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, access that personal data and the following information:
– the purposes of the processing;
– the categories of personal data concerned;
– the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or the criteria used to determine that period;
– the existence of your right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data or to object to such processing;
– the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
– where the personal data were not collected directly from you, available information as to their source.
You are entitled to request one copy of your personal data undergoing processing free of charge, unless this would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. If you make this request by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested by you, the information shall be provided in a commonly used electronic format.
5b.) Right to rectification
You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
5c.) Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay, and we have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
– the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
– you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based, and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
– you object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for continuation of processing;
– your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
Your above rights do not apply where the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which we are subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5d.) Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
– the accuracy of the personal data is contested by you (for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data);
– the processing is unlawful, and the you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
– we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
Where processing has been restricted per the above, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
If you have obtained restriction of processing pursuant to the above, we shall be inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.
5e.) Right to data portability
If your personal data are processed based on consent or on the grounds of performing a contract with you, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you and provided to us by you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
5f.) Right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you, which is done for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. We shall no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of such personal data for such marketing.
In case of questions, please contact us at email@example.com