In order to maintain standards of excellence in terms of consistency, accountability, cost-effectiveness and a strong customer orientation, we have developed a Eurideas quality management strategy and a corporate commitment to quality which is shared by all our stakeholders. We consistently seek to ensure the overall quality of the end product and its timely delivery.
Ensuring quality in our translation process
Projects are supervised in order to monitor progress and identify any deviations from specifications, objectives and the results anticipated. Applied on a cross-disciplinary basis, quality control is carried out at all project stages and the results are fully integrated into management operations.
All the translations go through a 2-level quality control process:
- Each translation is proofread by a second translator who is also a native speaker of the target language. The second translator (the proofreader) checks the translation against the source document, corrects all errors if any, and ensures that the translation is fluent and easy to read.
- Following the translation process, we carry out a two-step in-house quality check through our QA team, which consists of:
- terminology review, double-check of names and organizations
- formatting the translation(s) to reflect the original source document(s)
- content, consistency and coherence check.
Ensuring quality in our human resources
Eurideas puts great emphasis on hiring and contracting translators with appropriate cultural competences and familiarity with the relevant terminology in their target language(s).
- Native speaker of the target language
- Proven knowledge of the source language(s)
- University or college diploma
- Proof of linguistic studies
- Proof of knowledge of selected specialty fields, terminologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a translator
- Recommendations from at least 3 outsourcers
- Excellent writing skills
- Proactive and professional attitude
The performance of our translators is regularly evaluated, based on our clients’, our proofreaders’ and our quality manager’s feedback. We have developed a quality rating scheme and the ratings of the translators are recorded in our database. We work only with translators with the highest quality rates.
Ensuring quality through our project management support system
Our unique project management support system is designed based on predefined tasks and with the objective of excluding all possible errors that can be committed by its users (e.g.: project manager doesn’t assign the job to the most appropriate translator). Therefore, the project management process is highly automated, based on translation histories and other predefined criteria.
Ensuring quality in handling information
We treat all information and materials received from our clients as highly confidential, thus ensuring that they cannot be accessed by third parties. Eurideas treats all kinds of electronic information in accordance with the EU data protection requirements. We also regularly save our documents on our central server and make backup copies.
Ensuring quality through client focus
Our quality-control system includes review processes that help identify our clients’ needs and expectations and transform these into standard requirements. Based on these requirements, we have developed a system of product review processes to ensure the quality of our work.
Ensuring excellence through management
Our management team is committed to promoting standards of excellence at each level of our operations and to ensuring that Eurideas’ quality objectives are achieved and its strategies are effectively implemented.